This website, (the "Site”), is operated by Colors. This Privacy Statement (the "Statement") describes Colors’s collection, use and disclosure of information practices in connection with the Site. This Statement applies to the national version of the Site, located at www.colors.rs, as well as to any versions of the Site that Colors operates.
Collection of Personally Identifiable Information
You are not required to provide any personally identifiable information to visit the Site. Colors automatically collects Usage Data (as described below) and may collect ZIP codes and other information in connection with your use of the Site (e.g., the type of Porsche you are looking for). Colors collects personally identifiable information only when you make it available through your use of the Site. You may be required to provide personally identifiable information to use certain services on this Site, including, but not limited to, the “Contact the Dealer/Seller" feature, the “Post Share” feature, to purchase and or create an online classified listing (“FS Ad") and account (“Account"). In addition, you may submit personally identifiable information through the Site in other ways, including: (a) participating in online surveys, promotions, contests and sweepstakes; (b) subscribing to editorial content, or promotional content sent via email, (c) using the Site's "Feedback" and “Report” forms; and (d) in connection with other products, services, features, or requests made available through the Site. The types of personally identifiable information that you provide will depend on the nature of the submission, but could include your name, address, phone number, email address, zip code, business name, or other information.
Passive Information Collection
The Site automatically collects information and may also customize your visit through technical means, including the following:
- Cookies: Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer's hard drive by computers (or servers) to identify your computer.
- Web Beacons: Web beacons (also known as pixel tags, internet tags, clear GIFs, or single-pixel GIFs) are electronic images embedded into a webpage.
- IP Address Logs: Colors also logs Internet Protocol (IP) addresses - the location of your computer on the internet.
Cookies allow Colors to recognize you when you visit the Site, to personalize your experience and generally to serve you better. For example, if you enter your name, address or ZIP code on one of the Site's forms, it may be stored in a cookie so you do not have to enter it again on other forms on the Site. Cookies, web beacons and IP addresses are used to compile data regarding Site usage (e.g., what website you came from, what pages of the Site you visit, how long you were on the Site, what type of browser you are using, what website you went to). Web beacons may also be included in emails sent by Colors to determine when and if such emails are opened or forwarded. You can disable cookies or otherwise manage them through tools provided with your browser software and with third-party software packages. If you turn off cookies, many of the Site's features will not work as well or at all. Anonymous information regarding use of our Site and services that is collected and/or aggregated by or on behalf of Colors through the use of such technical means or otherwise is referred to in this Statement as "Usage Data."
Personally Identifiable Information. Personally identifiable information collected by Colors through your use of the Site, through your providing an email address to receive promotional or other communications via email, or through your providing a mobile number to receive communications via text or SMS, may be stored on servers or in a cookie on your computer and may be used by Colors for any of the following purposes:
- To confirm or fulfill a request that you make (e.g., in order to send you a price quote or other information you have requested, Colors may share your contact information and content interests with a participating Colors dealer and/or manufacturer).
- To deliver marketing communications via text or SMS, which, by providing your mobile number to Colors, you have expressly consented to receive.
- To follow up on any request that you have previously made (e.g., Colors may contact you to determine whether the seller, dealer and/or manufacturer responded to your original request).
- To communicate with you regarding the Colors service (e.g., Colors may send you emails or text message you to confirm a price quote request or to notify you that you have received a lead regarding a Porsche you have advertised or to request that you participate in a survey).
- To send promotional materials, newsletters or other content via email, text message, or otherwise. If you no longer wish to receive a particular email newsletter or other promotion from Colors, you must follow the opt-out instructions included in such email newsletters, text messages, and promotions.
- To permit third parties (to whom Colors may disclose personally identifiable information specifically for direct marketing purposes) to send you promotional or informational messages, but only if you have first affirmatively agreed to receive such messages. You agree that the seller or other third party may use an autodialer to text or call, and that a portion of any call may be pre-recorded.
- To improve your user experience.
- To manage Colors business and its relationships with Affiliates, customers, and other third parties to which Colors may disclose personally identifiable information pursuant to this Statement.
- For Site administration, analysis, research, development, optimization and other internal purposes, including, without limitation, to compile Usage Data.
Usage Data: Usage Data is used by Colors for administrative, analytical, research, optimization and other purposes. For example, Colors may use statistical analyses of Usage Data in order to measure interest in the various areas of the Site, for development purposes and to inform advertisers and partners in aggregate and anonymous terms about consumers who click on their advertising or other messages. IP addresses are also used for systems administration and troubleshooting purposes.
Your use of Colors products or services will not be limited if you opt out of receiving telemarketing calls or texts. However, you agree that Colors may send to you, and you cannot opt out of, communications of a transactional or relationship nature, including, but not limited to, communications regarding fraudulent or illegal activity, the status of your Account, changes to this Statement or the Colors Terms of Service, as well as communications to confirm, fulfill and follow up on your Account registration or a request submitted through the Site.
Colors shares the personally identifiable information that you provide with third parties in the following cases:
- Affiliates. Colors may share your personally identifiable information with Affiliates on the condition that the Affiliates' disclosure and use of the information is consistent with this Statement.
- Requests. If you request information or services through the Site, you agree that Colors may share personally identifiable information with third parties as may be necessary to provide such information to or perform such services for you. For example, if you use the Site's "Email the Seller” form in a vehicle listing to request a price quote from a seller or dealership, Colors will share the information you entered with that seller or dealership (or its designee). Personally identifiable information also may be included in reports to these third parties, but only when you have intended to submit the information to the third party as described above. After the information is provided to such third parties, the subsequent use or disclosure of such information is subject to those third parties' privacy policies and practices and Colors does not control their subsequent use or disclosure of information.
- Sweepstakes/Promotions. In the event that you participate in a sweepstakes, contest or other promotion on the Site that is sponsored by Colors and a third party, Colors reserves the right to share personally identifiable information collected in conjunction with the sweepstakes, contest or promotion with the third party. After the information is provided to such third parties, the subsequent use or disclosure of such information is subject to those third parties' privacy policies and practices.
- Direct Marketing. Except as provided herein, it is Colors policy not to disclose personally identifiable information of our customers to third parties specifically for the third parties' direct marketing purposes. If you are 18 years of age or older and have affirmatively agreed to receive third-party direct marketing materials, Colors may share personally identifiable information with third parties for direct marketing purposes. Although Colors will notify all third-party direct marketers that the information provided to them is confidential, the subsequent use or disclosure of such information is subject to those third parties' privacy policies and practices.
- Service Providers. Colors may work with third parties that provide services on its behalf, including, among others, providers of analytical, attribution, development, promotional, research, credit card processing, technical and other services. For example, Colors may ask that a third party conduct an online survey or sweepstakes or send newsletters on its behalf. Similarly, if you make a payment to Colors by credit card, Colors may share your personally identifiable information and credit card information with a third party in order to process credit card transactions, or such information may be collected directly by the credit card processing service provider on Colors’s behalf. In such cases, Colors asks that the third party maintain your personally identifiable information as confidential and use the information only to perform the services specified by Colors.
- Email List Opt-Outs. In the event Colors sends promotional emails to you on behalf of third-party advertisers and you inform Colors you wish to opt out of future promotional emails from a particular third party, Colors may share your email address with that third party so the third party may add you to its opt-out lists.
- Other. Colors expressly reserves the right to release any personally identifiable information or other information you provide to third parties under the following circumstances: (a) when required by law or legal process, (b) to investigate and/or take action against illegal activity, suspected abuse or unauthorized use of the Site, (c) to protect the property or safety of our users or others, (d) to enforce our Terms of Service and (e) in connection with any sale or other transfer of ownership of all or a part of Colors. Further, if you make any personally identifiable information publicly available on the Site, Colors reserves the right to disclose such information to third parties, including, without limitation, Colors Affiliates and third-party partners.
Please note that the messages that Colors sends to you to confirm, fulfill or follow up on a request may incidentally include promotional material or other content from Colors or its partners. In the case of these messages, Colors is not sharing your personally identifiable information with those third parties. Colors reserves the right to share Usage Data with any third party for any reason.
When purchasing an FS Ad, it is important to note that any information you choose to include in an FS Ad may be made publicly available via the Site and other media in which Colors Porsche listings are published, including third-party Web sites and print publications. You are required to include at least your phone number and, optionally, an email address to allow users to contact you regarding your FS Ad. As such, you may receive unsolicited phone calls and emails from third parties. Except for required information, you should not include any contact or other information in a FS Ad that you do not want other parties to see or use. If you wish to access, verify the accuracy of, or change the personally identifiable information in your Ad account, or to remove your ads, you can use the User Settings interface available to users.
Colors offers a Share section of the Site where posts may be made. These sections of the Site are for use by visitors who are 18 years of age or older. Any information you disclose when posting a message in these Forums may become public. You should not include any information in your posting that you do not want other parties to see or use. Moreover, if you post any messages in the Forums that include your email address or phone number you may receive unsolicited emails or calls from third parties.
Email / Share a Page
The Site offers you the ability to email certain pages of the Site to a friend or other third party. If you choose to use the “Share” functionality, your name, email address and any message you are allowed to include will be visible to the recipient of the message. The “Share” functionality is for informational purposes only and may not be used for any unlawful purpose, including any harassment or threats. Information collected by Colors through the “Share” functionality shall be used in accordance with this Statement.
Changes to this Statement
Any changes to this Statement will be posted on the Site in this location and this Statement will be identified as "Updated". Your continued use of the Site after such notice constitutes acceptance of such changes. In the event of such changes, you can then choose to do nothing, modify the personally identifiable information in your Account, change your email preferences or contact Colors to deactivate your Account.
Your personally identifiable information is one of our most valuable assets. We take steps to keep it secure and accessible only to authorized personnel as needed to perform operations governed by this policy. In addition, when Colors collects credit card information from you, Colors uses Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption, the industry standard for protecting privacy in web transactions. Please keep in mind that despite these measures, Colors cannot guarantee or warrant 100 percent security of its servers and databases. Moreover, Colors cannot guarantee that personally identifiable information that you submit through the Site will not be intercepted or otherwise disclosed.
Colors believes that it is especially important to protect children's privacy online. Colors does not knowingly collect or use any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13 and Colors does not knowingly provide any personally identifiable information, regardless of its source, to any third party for any purpose whatsoever from visitors younger than 13 years old. No information should be submitted to or posted at Colors by visitors younger than 13 years old.
This Site contains many links to other sites. While Colors encourages our business partners to adopt privacy policies that build users' trust and confidence in the internet, Colors is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of websites linked to the Site or any third-party products or services offered through the Site. Additionally, any links present on Colors do not represent endorsements of the linked sites.
Notice to California Residents – Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits our customers who are California residents to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, information about the personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year. If applicable, this information would include a list of the categories of personal information shared and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared information in the immediately preceding calendar year.
If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to [email protected]
Notice to European Residents
This Site is intended for use solely in the United States by U.S. residents. Colors makes no claims that the Site is appropriate for use outside of the United States. Colors does not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from residents of the European Union. If you believe that we may have any information from or about an EU resident, please email us at [email protected]
or use our online feedback form.
Collection of Information by Third Parties
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement, please email us at [email protected]
or use our online feedback form.
Last Updated — September 28, 2018